Re: gEDA-user: Little lost with netlist and gsch2pcb

On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 10:07 -0400, Barry Demers wrote:

>    If Peter C. is still interested in having me perform the procedure
>    that he outlined, I'd be more than pleased to do so, however, I
>    believe, that had xgsch2pcb reported to me that the footprint files
>    listed in my schematic attributes were not found/ or not usable for
>    whatever reason, then I wouldn't have created my post. I do understand
>    now that xgsch2pcb is in beta, so....

Its not really in beta.. although how well it works will depend upon
what version you have!

The latest version is
http://geda.seul.org/dist/geda-xgsch2pcb-0.1.3.tar.gz

Although I think I was slack and didn't get a release announcement out.
If you push the "About" button on xgsch2pcb, you will see what version
it is, please report back.

Version 1.1.2 onwards reports missing footprints.

I'd appreciate a copy of the output from xgsch2pcb for interest's sake -
although if you have now fixed your schematic, don't worry about doing
that.

You might still like to try opening up the .gsch2pcb project file with
xgsch2pcb, as once you have it working, the GUI is nice to use (IMO -
but I'm biased there).

Best wishes,

Peter C.