gEDA-user: Little lost with netlist and gsch2pcb

   My apologies for 2 concurrent same toic posts(How is netlist created \
   Little lost with netlist and gsch2pcb).  Very confusing to readers and
   only slows down process. Allow me to condense both of those to this
   single topic.  Being new to this, I was unaware that the gui version
   of gsch2pcb is actually xgsch2pcb, a beta version, and will henceforth
   treat it as such.  I have, subsequent to that discovery, returned to
   the command line gsch2pcb and have successfully created a useful pcb
   file (footprints with rats nest). Using the command line program
   immediately made me aware that my initial selection of footprint files
   were erroneous and that is an explanation as to why the gui version
   didn't generate a rats nest for me.  At this point I am somewhat
   concerned with my understanding of how the footprint files are
   distributed throughout the file structure.  I am hoping that they are
   arranged in a fashion similar to symbol files with the hierarchy of
   the "rc" files allowing for footprints that I import/create on my
   own.  I need to look at this a bit closer now that I have the layout
   running.
   If Peter C. is still interested in having me perform the procedure
   that he outlined, I'd be more than pleased to do so, however, I
   believe, that had xgsch2pcb reported to me that the footprint files
   listed in my schematic attributes were not found/ or not usable for
   whatever reason, then I wouldn't have created my post. I do understand
   now that xgsch2pcb is in beta, so....
   --
   Thank you,
   Barry