Re: gEDA-user: Little lost with netlist and gsch2pcb

On Sun, 2009-10-25 at 15:57 -0400, Barry Demers wrote:
> I have a schematic that I have checked using gnetlist drc2.  All is
>    ok, as I have inserted the n/c symbol that has been refered to in
>    several posts.  Not sure which backend to use to generate the netlist
>    however.  Do I use -g gsch2pcb? or -g geda?  Regardless, when
>    launching gsch2pcb, pcb also opens, along with its log. Using pcb, I
>    load a netlist file.  Pcb log says :"Importing PCB netlist
>    /home/barry/gEDA/Polly Projects/Current Shunt/[1]output.net"  This
>    makes me think that the netlist is in.
>    Then I return to gsch2pcb gui and press the "update layout" button, go
>    back to the pcb log and get this: "Can't add rat lines because no
>    netlist is loaded."  (Serious explitive at this point!)
>    I am at a standstill now, because the wiki tutorial
>    gschem->gsch2pcb->PCB "Simple Example" doesn't refer at all to
>    netlists and as a result I'm not sure what's going on.
>    Someone straighten me out?

Ok, I'm a little stumped as to what is going on.

Can you try this test...

Open a terminal window, then cd to the directory with your schematic.
Start xgsch2pcb from the terminal:

xgsch2pcb project_name.gsch2pcb

When you hit the "update layout" button, are there any error messages
seen on the console? (Paste the output back to me by email please).

Best wishes,

Peter C.