gEDA-user: Little lost with netlist and gsch2pcb

   I have a schematic that I have checked using gnetlist drc2.  All is
   ok, as I have inserted the n/c symbol that has been refered to in
   several posts.  Not sure which backend to use to generate the netlist
   however.  Do I use -g gsch2pcb? or -g geda?  Regardless, when
   launching gsch2pcb, pcb also opens, along with its log. Using pcb, I
   load a netlist file.  Pcb log says :"Importing PCB netlist
   /home/barry/gEDA/Polly Projects/Current Shunt/[1]output.net"  This
   makes me think that the netlist is in.
   Then I return to gsch2pcb gui and press the "update layout" button, go
   back to the pcb log and get this: "Can't add rat lines because no
   netlist is loaded."  (Serious explitive at this point!)
   I am at a standstill now, because the wiki tutorial
   gschem->gsch2pcb->PCB "Simple Example" doesn't refer at all to
   netlists and as a result I'm not sure what's going on.
   Someone straighten me out?
   --
   Thank you,
   Barry