gEDA-user: How is netlist created?

   I have what I believe to be a ready-to rock schematic.  It appears
   that my net connections are ok, etc.
   Now, for the first time I have started working with gsch2pcb.  When I
   try to add the schematic file, the status window tells me that it
   can't find the netlist.  That's not altogether too surprising, since I
   don't have a .net file, only a .sch file.  This makes me think that
   either the netlist is generated in the gschem program, or has to
   happen between gschem and gsch2pcb.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to
   locate any reference to a manual/automatic creation option in gschem,
   leaving me with an intermediate step to create the netlist?
   So, how do I best proceed?
   --
   Thank you,
   Barry