Re: gEDA-user: How is netlist created?

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 13:14:14 -0400, Barry Demers wrote:

> I have what I believe to be a ready-to rock schematic.  It appears that
> my net connections are ok, etc.
> Now, for the first time I have started working with gsch2pcb.  When I
> try to add the schematic file, the status window tells me that it can't
> find the netlist.                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Do you mean xgsch2pcb ?
This is a little GUI that issues calls of gschem, pcb and the command
line app gsch2pcb. Although the GUI is very usable, it is still deep in
beta testing phase.

 That's not altogether too surprising, since I don't
> have a .net file, only a .sch file.  This makes me think that either the
> netlist is generated in the gschem program, or has to happen between
> gschem and gsch2pcb.

The purpose of gsch2pcb is to generate a .net file.

> So, how do I best proceed?

Read the tutorial: http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:gsch2pcb_tutorial

---<(kaimartin)>---
--