Re: gEDA-user: .pcb viewer

On Sunday 25 October 2009, Peter Clifton wrote:
>On Sun, 2009-10-25 at 13:04 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> And what is the pcb designers cli name?
>
>Just "pcb".
>
>> I think I have all of the geda suite installed, but there is not a pcb
>> designer in the electronics menu.  Only gerbview, gshem and gattrib seem
>> to have been installed into the menu's.  F10 system here, on a quad core
>> phenom, 4GB of ram, 2.x terrabytes of drives.
>
>gEDA and PCB are technically separate projects, so it might not be
>installed.
>
>Try "yum install pcb"

Got that, seems to work, but claims this file is an illegal format,
confirming the vendor lockin (spit) of the ExpressPCB program.

>Best wishes,

Thanks peter.  I've not heard back from Roger, so maybe he is taking my
advice.  TBT, there is no money in doing it, it is an adapter board that
allows other storage devices to be plugged into the same socket an EB-101
plugs into to put a working bluetooth serial port on a 22 year old computer.
He will be lucky to recoup his expenses.  Its like climbing a mountain,
because its there. :-)

>Peter C.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

If I can have honesty, it's easier to overlook mistakes.
		-- Kirk, "Space Seed", stardate 3141.9