Re: gEDA-user: missing pcb footprints.

   I have been having a lot of trouble with this too. gschem does not
   have a library search routine for foot prints, and so I often create
   schematics that gsch2pcb fails to find many of the foot prints and I
   have to struggle to find the foot prints, sometimes type in huge long
   names that are easy to get wrong, and try to figure which folders both
   gsch2pcb and pcb can find the foot prints in.
      Is there any plan to add a footprint library to gschem similar to
   the component library, or the foot print library function in pcb?
   Mike

     On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 10:07 -0400, Barry Demers wrote:
     >    If Peter C. is still interested in having me perform the
     procedure
     >    that he outlined, I'd be more than pleased to do so, however,
     >    believe, that had xgsch2pcb reported to me that the footprint
     files
     >    listed in my schematic attributes were not found/ or not
     usable for
     >    whatever reason, then I wouldn't have created my post. I do
     understand
     >    now that xgsch2pcb is in beta, so....
     Its not really in beta.. although how well it works will depend
     upon
     what version you have!
     The latest version is
     [1]http://geda.seul.org/dist/geda-xgsch2pcb-0.1.3.tar.gz
     Although I think I was slack and didn't get a release announcement
     out.
     If you push the "About" button on xgsch2pcb, you will see what
     version
     it is, please report back.
     Version 1.1.2 onwards reports missing footprints.
     I'd appreciate a copy of the output from xgsch2pcb for interest's
     sake -
     although if you have now fixed your schematic, don't worry about
     doing
     that.
     You might still like to try opening up the .gsch2pcb project file
     with
     xgsch2pcb, as once you have it working, the GUI is nice to use (IMO
     -
     but I'm biased there).
     Best wishes,
     Peter C.
     End of geda-user Digest, Vol 41, Issue 54