Re: gEDA-user: rat lines on top/bottom layer

   Thanks! I will try that on the next board. Sorry if I have asked old
   questions. I have been too busy trying to finish the first real PCB
   board and install it in my under water robot to take the time to
   search the archives for answers to my questions. If I can't find them,
   _then_ I will start asking questions here.
   Mike
   On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 09:36 -0700, Mike Bushroe wrote:
   > WOW, that looks nice! And having that might help me to remember that
   >    PCB keeps defaulting to putting the rat lines on the component
   side
   >    for a single sided board, so when I finally produce the board, I
   have
   >    to turn it over and flip all the components.
   >    Mike
   Rat lines have no default layer, they are just drawn on top of which
   ever view is shown.
   I wonder if the issue you've noted is due to the fact that layer 1,
   the
   default selected drawing layer is "component". Switching to layer 2
   "solder" before drawing any tracks is probably what you need to do.
   Best wishes,
   Peter C.