Re: gEDA-user: pcb flip-sides

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 21:29:05 -0400, Harry Eaton wrote:

>> However, not all actions have the expected effect with the export eps
>> export HID. For example,
>>        --action-string 'SwapSides()'
>> does not seem to change the output in any way. This particular action
>> string option works fine if I present it to the GTK HID. My version of
>> the patch showed the same room for improvement. Does the action itself
>> know whether or not the current HID is a GUI?
>
> You need to use a "V" argument, i.e. SwapSides(V). With no argument, the
> lesstif gui does an x-ray view, effectively only altering the layer
> stackup. The lesstiff gui supports 4 ways to SwapSides. The GTK hid
> should support them as well, but it doesn't.

Unfortunately, the V parameter does not change anything. This is how I
try to extract a print of the bottom view of the layout:

pcb -x eps \
  --action-string 'SwapSides(V)' \
  --as-shown  \
  --layer-stack "comment, outline, elements, bottom" \
  --eps-file "/tmp/out.eps" \
  $PCBFILE

---<(kaimartin)>---
--