Re: gEDA-user: PCB adding exporter GUI

I started again on a different system (previously I was working in
cygwin, now ubuntu):

I copied the png directory as gcode
I renamed the files in there as gcode.*
I substituted png with gcode in the sources
I duplicated the sections in src/makefile.am as Peter said
I run atogen.sh (downloaded from somewhere)
this step didn't go well, as I read:
Makefile.am:19: `:='-style assignments are not portable
./autogen.sh: 3: intltoolize: not found
If I try with automake i get again:
Makefile.am:19: `:='-style assignments are not portable

Anyways, src/makefile.in is generated with references to the new gcode
exporter, so I try configure but it ends with errors:
./configure: line 11936: syntax error near unexpected token `0.35.0'
./configure: line 11936: `IT_PROG_INTLTOOL(0.35.0)'

Makefile is not regenerated so I can't compile (I had tried before all
the modifications and it did work).

Is this the right procedure?