Re: gEDA-user: pcb minor release, C++ and Gtk cleanup

On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 04:16 +0200, kai-martin knaak wrote:

> > Peter's branch is still several times slower than elder GUIs
> > on all my machines,

Sounds like an OpenGL driver problem - it must be using software
emulation (or perhaps lack a full range visuals with stencil bits).

[snip]

> That said, Peter announced that the desire to make OpenGL optional is a
> major block for merging with the main tree.

The code isn't in a shape just to be merged yet. Granted, it would be
easier if someone decided OpenGL is the "one true renderer", but I don't
want to see us do that.

I'm house-sitting for my parents next week, so aside from looking after
some livestock(*), I "might" have time to sit down and make some
progress. (Assuming I've finished re-wiring their loft this week).

I had the day to myself yesterday (which I spent wiring, plastering
holes and cleaning) and ended up so bored with my own company I am
looking for a little project next week.

* Where livestock is 8 ducks, 2 rabbits, 3 guinea pigs, 1 dog. The ducks
take the most effort to look after.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,