gEDA-user: Exporting symbols in gschem

   I have defined a symbol in gschem called small_amplifier.sym which has
   the following properties:
   source=small_amplifier.sch
   device=MAGIC_PART
   magic_cell_name=amp.mag
   Now when I run gnetlist I want to do a few things.  When I am building
   my output file and I come across this symbol, I want to grab a
   reference to amp.mag and write it out into my ASIC file.
   Unfortunately when I looks at what I get when I run
       (display packages)
   in my scheme file I don't see the symbol.  All I see is the components
   inside the symbol. I don't actually see the symbol on the list.  Is
   there a way to see that symbol?
   The other thing I want to do is have the option of traversing through
   the objects inside the symbol (which is what happens now) so I can
   build a netlist for the entire design.  However for building my layout
   file, I want to stop descending down the objects as I have already
   built the ASIC meta object (amp.mag) that I want to use.
   Do folks have any suggestions on how I can do this?
   Oliver