Re: gEDA-user: pcb crooked traces

Andrew Poelstra wrote:
On Fri, Oct 08, 2010 at 06:31:33PM +0800, Steven Michalske wrote:
If so...  Guys change the converters and have at your hearts content.
It should be a 2 hour patch.

Then we have file-format compatibility to deal with, and I'm sure there
are weird cases that implicitly depend on the base unit (which should be
rooted out at some point anyway, I know).

I don't think it would be a 2 hour patch: 100., .01, 100000. and so on
are used in many places to convert from PCB units to mils or inches;
there is no couple of macros used consistently for this purpose.

Now for conversion errors, are you really seeing errors in your metric PCBs?

Maybe not, but we -do- see the cursor position given as 8.0000, 7.9999
instead of whole numbers, and these long strings overlap the GUI sometimes
(I put a patch on the tracker about this when I first got here.) Hard
to read, and irritating.

I deal with it without changing PCB units:
http://repo.or.cz/w/geda-pcb/dti.git/shortlog/refs/heads/ineiev-annoyingdecimals.squashed
(and BTW the Lesstif HID provides another way to avoid that tail of nines).