Re: gEDA-user: pcb crooked traces

> Any idea of the loss of performance given that virtually all PCs
> these days are actually 64 bit machines?

My dual-core 3.2GHz machine supports 64-bit, but I installed a 32-bit
OS for compatibility.  So, 64-bit math is a performance hit for me.
We can have the default "unit" be whatever the native "long" size is,
32-bit on 32-bit, 64-bit on 64-bit, so you always get the biggest
"fastest" size.  But we can still detect when your fastest size isn't
big enough for some odd HUGE layout file.

> As someone pointed out, couldn't that be a build option?  If someone
> needs to design boards larger than 2 meters, would it be a hard thing
> to do to build a 64 bit version?

Of course it can.