gEDA-user: Locating the system-gafrc at Build Time

   All,
   The part manager needs to know the location of system-gafrc file. When
   installing from a Debian package on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, the file is
   located in /etc/gEDA/system-gafrc. This prefix does not match any of
   the build directory variables in the part manager or match anything
   returned from g_get_system_config_dirs(). Using 'dpkg -S system-gafrc'
   will locate the file properly. I'm looking for a reliable mechanism to
   locate this file at build time. Would adding additional variables to
   gaf's pkg-config and building these paths into the part manager
   application be a good solution? Right now, I could add additional paths
   to a list and the application can poke around the filesystem for it.
   This mechanism does not seem like a valid solution. I also have an
   environment variable, but I do not want to require the user to set this
   variable in the normal case.
   Cheers,
   Ed