Re: gEDA-user: pcb crooked traces

On Sat, 2010-10-09 at 08:37 -0700, Andrew Poelstra wrote:

> that your 254-nm mils will no longer be accurate.

Will you make chips? I think they are already below 32nm.

Confused with um?

Sorry, I will not follow this discussion, I am sure the smart PCB
developers will do it right. But my feeling is that 32 bit integer is
more than enough precision -- if you do it right, at least not too
wrong. Using 64 bit is like driving with a tank to your local milk store
-- yes there may be benefits, you do not have to watch for the traffic.

Its similar to numeric computing/simulations: 1969 they made it too the
moon, smart people with 8 bit computers. Today we tend to use largest
available precision, just because we have it, and because so we need not
to think about the possible (numeric) problems.

And please don't forget other architectures, i.g ARM and Mips, not all
may support native 64 bit precision.