Re: gEDA-user: gEDA interview with DJ at DevCon

On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 18:31 +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:

> I really like the look of Altium and its features. I strongly their
                                                        feel __^
> product is one of the ones we should look at and strive towards, rather
> than trying to one-up KiCad / Eagle.. gEDA is a serious piece of CAD
> software, and I don't think Eagle is.

KiCad is KiCad of course. Sadly, 3D view crashes when launched here,
some kind of X11 / GLX / GL problem. I was trying to debug it and fix it
for them (in the spirit of cooperation), but it looks like it might be
some nasty WxWidgets internal bug - and I'm not familiar with Wx at all.

Ubuntu has had a lot of bug reports recently about KiCad failing to
start (due to a WxWidgets ABI problem), so at least there are users of
KiCad out there. I notice a lot of bug reports / feature requests being
filed (and ignored) on the Ubuntu bug trackers by users who probably
don't appreciate that upstream is the best place to file those.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,