gEDA-user: KiCad's polygon library

Speaking of KiCad (and its source), I noticed they've found a GPL
polygon boolean operations library which I'd not come across before.

It looks like it has a neat solution to the snap-rounding / topology
changing problem, which treats points which "nearly" touch as being
coincident. Seems neat.

Also, it would seem that it is possible for their package to detect
circles / arcs approximated in the polygon data - which is cool.

Anyway, for those interested:

"
Boolean: GDSII viewer/editor + (boolean) operations on sets of 2d
polygons.
Boolean Web Site:
http://boolean.klaasholwerda.nl/bool.html

kbool is also used in wxArt2D
see www.wxart2d.org
the last version of kbool can be found on this site.
"

It is based on sweep-line intersection algorithms (which we could
benefit from, and I've not yet got my implementation of that - stolen
from cairo, to work fully yet with our polygon routines).

I will say that the website has a really nice explanation of how its
algorithms work.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton