Re: gEDA-user: Spice Netlists from Schematics with Hierarchy

On Oct 27, 2010, at 4:03 PM, Shane Kaiser wrote:

> Hello All:
>
> I am trying to create hierarchy in my schematics. I have read the brorson info on using .subckt. I really like to be able to push down into and pop out of schematics for readability.
>
> Is it possible to use .subckt and be able to push/pop through the schematic hierarchy using gschem and gnetlist?

Yes. What you want to do is disable hierarchy traversal in gnetlist, so you can use source= attributes to navigate in gschem but not have them generate a flat netlist. See:

http://archives.seul.org/geda/user/Nov-2008/msg00489.html

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx