gEDA-user: Announcement : gerbv-0.0.3

Hello friends,

it's time for the next release of Gerber Viewer, aka gerbv,
the "now it builds...for real"-release.

The 0.0.2 release had serious flaws in the build which basically
made it not build on other systems than mine. Dan pointed a
serious flaw that I had links in the tarball instead of the actual
files and I found that it didn't build on Solaris due to a bug in
configure.in.

The only new feature is that the Scheme backend now receives the
name of the parsed file.

It is also now possible to follow gerbv even closer
to the bleeding edge, since all source is now available via
anonymous cvs. Instructions on how to check out the source from
sourceforge anonymous cvs is available on the home page.

Homepage for gerbv is still http://gerbv.sourceforge.net/

To download gerbv goto
	http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gerbv/
and grab gerbv-0.0.3.tar.gz

To install the program do
1. gzip -dc gerbv-0.0.3.tar.gz | tar xf -
2. cd gerbv-0.0.3
3. ./configure
4. make install

Interesting configure options are:
--help          : Lists all options
--disable-batch : Disable compilation of Guile/Scheme backends
--prefix=<dir>  : Install from dir <prefix>

What's new in 0.0.3

- Now the files 'missing', 'mkinstalldirs' and 'install-sh' are
  copied when release is built.
- configure can run on Solaris (bug sqashed).
- backends now receive the name of the parsed file.

Best regards,
/spe
! Stefan Petersen, MSc EE         !  \
! http://www.stacken.kth.se/~spe/ !    \_________________________