gEDA-user: Random musings on graphical outputs

The point I was making is that when the whole world is going
VHS then you don't want to be the only guy out there preaching
that Beta is Better. You may be right but you will have a hard
time watching movies.

If I can get a graphical output in any format that is heavily
used then I can grab any decent document editor and it will be
able to import that graphic. I have a multitude of paths available.

I can take a gscheme drawing saved as a .png and import it into
a visio page and it works. The same drawing output as postscript
and entered into visio gives me:

    An Error (918) occurred during the action Insert Picture

    The filter is unable to recognize the file

Microsoft Word will take a PNG file but will not accept a PS file.

Raster file formats do have a lot of shortcomings but they give you
the best chance for moving drawings amoung random image tools. It
would be really nice if the mainstream decided to support every
engineering drawing format possible but thats not going to happen.

The GAF schematic file format is open source, ascii and drop dead simple.
I would think that the best route would be a bidirection converter
between SVG  <-> SCH files.

John Eaton