gEDA-user: Problems with pinseq

I'm trying to create a new symbol for a quadruple optocoupler, but no
matter what I try I can't get the autonumbering of pins to work. I've
messed around with the file 7400-1.sym to try to understand how this
magic is supposed to work, but the only thing I've archieved is to
make the slot-magic stop working for that symbol too.

As far I can tell the FAQ on the webpage for attributes is outdated
and doesn't seem to explain this anyway, so now I'm wondering what
step I have to do to make the autonumbering of pins work?

The attributes (involved) I have are:

Invisible:

slotdef=1:1,2,15,16
slotdef=2:3,4,13,14
slotdef=3:5,6,11,12
slotdef=4:7,8,9,10
numslots=4
slot=1
pinseq=1
pinseq=2
pinseq=3
pinseq=4

Visible:

pinnumber=1
pinnumber=2
pinnumber=3
pinnumber=4

What step do I have to take to "connect" pinseq with pinnumber? Or is
it supposed to be automatic?

I'm using gEDA/gschem version 20020825.

Thanks in advance.

PS. If I want to contribute with, for example, this symbol when it's
    done and (hopefully) works properly, where should I send it?
--
Martin Persson
martin@kfib.org