gEDA-user: Fileio in iVerilog

Thanks for your ideas on getting fileio working with iVerilog, but I cannot get them to interface correctly, even after a little
hacking the fileio module Seg Faults when I go to use it... But anyway..

I am currently looking at alternatives. Searching on the web I came across a message on this forums archive. On 27 March 2001,
Terry Barnaby posted an email http://archives.seul.org/geda/dev/Mar-2001/msg00125.html saying that he had added fopenr, fopenw,
fgetc, fputc, fread and fwrite1 into his system.vpi. I thought these might be a useful replacement for the fscanf's I am currently
using, but when I looked in the current system.vpi there appears to be no reference to them. And I couldn't find a patch/module for
them on the web, so I was wondering are they available?

Or are there any other modules available that allow fileio with iVerilog?

Thanks,

Lee Russell-Morris.