Re: gEDA-user: Iverilog support SWIFT models??

Stephen Williams <steve@icarus.com> said:

> (Moving this conversation to geda-dev..)
>
> mjarabek@istop.com said:
> > The PLI interface seems to be implemented in the module lmtv.o, that
> > is shipped in the smartmodel lib directory.  An `nm lmtv.o' reveals
> > the following undefined symbols:
>

> Most of those acc_ and tf_ functions are indeed supported by
> Icarus Verilog, in the libveriuser library. Those that are not
> can be added, I don't see anything there that is not implementable.

This is good news.

> The slm_* functions are indeed mysterious, and could prove to
> be the show stoppers.

A bit of poking around in the library directory should turn them up.  My guess
is that they are the hooks for the license manager.

> mjarabek@istop.com said:
> > Most are either C library functions or PLI functions.  So, if the
> > Icarus Verilog has all these tf_* and acc_* functions swift is in
> > business.
>
> It's a start, indeed. This kind of hacking will need to be done
> by programmers with legitimate copies of models.

Agreed, but the `recipe' can be published. (That belongs to whoever figures it
out.  ;-)

                              Mike Jarabek
                                FPGA/ASIC Designer
   http://www.istop.com/~mjarabek