Re: gEDA-user: iverilog: Creating a .vpi file on Windows

ahvezda@seul.org said:
> I'm trying to get VPI working with Icarus Verilog on Windows 2K.  I
> don't think that iverilog-vpi is available for Windows yet.

I would be delighted if some Windows geek (er... genius:-) were to
write an iverilog-vpi.bat file that does what the iverilog-vpi
script does on other systems. The trick is finding the mingw
compiler and the install location for Icarus Verilog libraries.

That said, the system.vpi is a PLI application just like yours,
so the mingw makefiles have the compiler flags that you need to
do the build.

Incidentally, you really want mingw compilation tools to make your
VPI applications. MSVC should be useable, but I do not test it or
intentionally support it. The libvpi.lib, libveriuser.lib and
vvp.exe binaries are all compiled with mingw gcc.

Sigh, Windows installations are hard. I'm sorry:-(
steve at picturel.com         and lines to code before I sleep,

abuse@xo.com
uce@ftc.gov