gEDA-user: iverilog: Creating a .vpi file on Windows

[ Ales here, I'm reposting this since majordomo didn't recognize the
  e-mail as being subscribed to the geda-dev mailinglist. ]

-- Cut here --
From: "GLEASON,CRAIG (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <craig_gleason@hp.com>

I'm trying to get VPI working with Icarus Verilog on Windows 2K.  I don't
think that iverilog-vpi is available for Windows yet.

I tried to compile some of the examples that had been posted on gEDA and
turn them into a .vpi (I used lib.exe /OUT:pli_test.vpi pli_test.obj).  When
I run vvp.exe Windows popped up a "Bad Image" messagebox that says, "The
application or DLL C:\iverilog\lib\ivl\pli_test.vpi is not a valid Windows
image."

In this case the pli_test.obj contains Evan's pli2_test code posted
previously here.

Does anyone have a step-by-step process to create and use .vpi files under
Windows (not Cygwin)?  I am using the pre-compiled Windows code for
iverilog/vvp.

Craig Gleason