gEDA-user: refdes autonumbering and renumbering

[using geda-*-20020825 RPMS, packager: "W. Kazubski <wk@ire.pw.edu.pl>"]

I've been working on a schematic on and off for a little while, and I added
the hooks for autonumbering reference designators to my ~/.gEDA/gschemrc
file.

Autonumbering and renumbering both seem to work fine for one invocation of
gschem. Then, if I save the schematic, close gschem, and reopen the
schematic, the next component with that refdes prefix will have the same
number as the last one in the schematic. That is, if I have three capacitors
(C1, C2, C3) and I reopen the schematic and place three more, the new ones
will be numbered C3, C4 and C5.

I'm not really good at reading scheme-- can someone do a sanity check and see
if this is just an off-by-one bug in the code?

Also, if I have a heirarchical schematic, will the existing code scan the
sub-sheets to avoid duplication of reference designators? (I'm using the
source=subsheet.sch syntax.)

thanks,

--
Charles Lepple <clepple@ghz.cc>