Re: gEDA-user: refdes autonumbering and renumbering

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Ales Hvezda wrote:

[snip]
> >I'm not really good at reading scheme-- can someone do a sanity check and
> >see if this is just an off-by-one bug in the code?
>

> 	I don't think this is a off-by-one bug.  I don't think the code
> actually is that aware of what is numbered and where the numbers start.
> Stefan, could you shed some light on this?

Hm, a blind leads a blind.

Anyhow as I see it Ales is basically right. If you have components named
C1, C2 and C3 and then restarts gschem the next C-component added should
be namned 1, ie C1.

Is this script still in use? I thought it was retired and replaced by
some perl/awk/shell script thingie?

> >Also, if I have a heirarchical schematic, will the existing code scan the=
> >sub-sheets to avoid duplication of reference designators? (I'm using the
> >source=subsheet.sch syntax.)
>
> 	Yeah, I don't think it deals with the hierarchy either.

Noops, it doesn't.

It seems like you use this script in "batch mode" or I'm really lost.
It's intention is to be used interactivly. I haven't followed this
discussion too close. I thought noone used it anymore.

Regards,
/spe, too tired to put together understandable sentences anymore
! Stefan Petersen, MSc EE         !  \
! http://www.stacken.kth.se/~spe/ !    \_________________________
! spe at stacken.kth.se           !    /  ! umop apisdn 'sdoo !
! stefan.petersen at home.se      !  /    ---------------------