gEDA-user: iverilog jeda install question

Hi,

I'm wanting to get jeda working on a debian linux machine, and had to
install libtermcap, even though a debian FAQ discourages that, since the
FAQ suggestion of referring to -lncurses in the configure file failed.

Next after getting termcap and ncurses both on debian woody
distribution, I got a compiler error message from jeda:
btyacc -d jeda.y
btyacc: 98 shift/reduce conflicts, 42 reduce/reduce conflicts.
YYTABLESIZE: 12167
cp y_tab.c y_tab.c.t
cp: cannot stat `y_tab.c': No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [y_tab.c] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/jeda/src/compiler'
make: *** [all] Error 2

After this ran, the filenames were y.tab.c and y.tab.h
As errored above, there was no y_tab.c

Has anyone on the list, (Atsushi.?..Steve W. ?),  gotten a similar
error ever?   Have I done the gcc2.95.2 install correctly
just by running the jeda make file?

John Griessen