Re: gEDA-user: building 20030901 geda released

Hi Jean-Luc,

>./configure --prefix=$HOME/gEda/target --libdir=$HOME/gEda/target/lib
>    same : -lstroke... no
>finishes OK but libstroke is not supported (maybe not so
>important by the way, libstroke is optional, but, OK, I want to
>try this ... it's my choice for the moment.)

	After only briefly looking at the generated ./configure script,
I don't believe that --libdir is not added to the LIBS (as you found out).

	libstroke is a non-gEDA/gaf specific library, so I don't search
for it in any user accessable directories.  In the ./configure script
I assume that it is installed as a system library.  Perhaps this is a bug.

[snip]
>doing export LIBS="-L/home/jeanlucwoody/gEda/target/lib"
>and then ./configure --prefix=$HOME/gEda/target again works.

	As you discovered this is the right way to get libraries into
the search path for the ./configure script.

>Simply, it seems that the other ones don't need to export
>LIBS.
>Strange.

	The other libraries such as libgdgeda or libgeda are searched
for differently.  In the first case, a libgdgeda-config script is searched
for and used to determine where things are installed and in the latter case,
pkg-config is used to determine where things are installed.

								-Ales