Re: gEDA-user: building 20030901 geda released

Hi!

Am Montag, 08.09.03 um 04:55 Uhr schrieb Ales Hvezda:
libstroke is a non-gEDA/gaf specific library, so I don't search
for it in any user accessable directories. In the ./configure script
I assume that it is installed as a system library. Perhaps this is a bug.
It depends on how you define 'system library'. IMHO you should not assume, that it is installed in /lib or /usr/lib and give the user an option to specify additional locations, where to look for this library.

doing export LIBS="-L/home/jeanlucwoody/gEda/target/lib"
and then ./configure --prefix=$HOME/gEda/target again works.
	As you discovered this is the right way to get libraries into
the search path for the ./configure script.
Although this may work with every autoconfigure generates ./configure, it iseems a bit ncommon to me, having build autoconfig controlled projects for almost a decade.

73, Mario
--
Mario Klebsch mario@klebsch.de
PGP-Key available at http://www.klebsch.de/public.key