Re: gEDA-user: gEDA/gaf 20030901 source tarballs released.

Hi Tuck,

>Just downloaded all the .gz's, did make all && make install just fine. Old
>schematics work fine. I tried 'make xinstall' but kept getting core dumps a fe
>moments after hitting the 'next' button. (The first time I used Piotr's
>scripts--about 2-yrs ago--they worked fine. I can work with you on this.)

	I guess I need to spend some time working on geda/setup.  Did you
update the setup.cfg file (which I forgot to do)?

>I noticed that libgeda and gschem and others found my gtk2+/glib2 installation
>
>and used that, which suprised me as I thought this was a gtk/glib-only app.

	Yup.  With 20030901, gEDA/gaf has moved up to being a gtk2 app.
gtk+ 2.2.x libraries, if installed, are used instead of gtk 1.2.x.

>geda found and used gtk/glib.

	Yeah, I need to spend some time doing the port of geda and setup
to gtk+ 2.2.x.

>I only tested gschem so I dont know if there are any problems with this.
>Anyway, it looks like a great release!

	Cool.  Thanks for the feedback.  At least it works for one user. :)

								-Ales