gEDA-user: PCB: Converting M4 to new Footprint?

Dear list,
In the production process, it is always good to know which footprints are
tested, so that they could be used wihtout futher considerations in the
future projects. This results in company specific symbol and footprint
libraries, which could also represent the company's repository managed
with a database and scripts that read special fields out of the schematic
files and do automated booking, ordering, etc. of parts.

With gschem, I managed a small directory where I put the parts that I
often use in my designs. I would like to do the same thing with PCB
footprints.

How can I extract a specific M4 library-element from say "~geda" library
( e.g. 0805) and put it in a single file e.g. my_0805 in the directory of
my designs?

Many thanks,
Shahab.

--------
Shahab Sanjari  (sanjariathrzdottu-darmstadtdotde)