Re: gEDA-user: Re: Soldering irons

On Sunday 26 September 2004 01:02 am, DJ Delorie wrote:
> FYI: the SMTs were easier to solder than the through-holes.  Once I
> got them positioned with the tweezers, that it ;-)

What method did you use to solder them?  Did you place a blob of solder
on each pin of the 0803, place the part, then reflow the solder?  Or did
you just place the part, somehow fix it to the board, then solder?

SOICs and QFPs I can just see running a single bead of solder down each
row of pins (basically a poor man's wave soldering).  It's the small
stuff that worries me most.

Thanks.