Re: gEDA-user: Re: Soldering irons

>    You're doing all that work coming up with the ultimate homebrew
> control system, then you're gonna use a PC to control it?  DJ,
> DJ...Sigh. ;)

Yeah, it's a hack.  With a PC, I can put Linux on it and manage it
remotely - web server, ssh, gcc, etc.  I hope to someday put a
microcontroller on it (sh, arm, fpga, whatever) instead but I wanted a
minimum system that would fit in the existing box.

Besides, I've been designing and prototyping PCs since the 286 was new
(and asm-programming them since the 8080/8088 days).  I designed and
built my own motherboards when I worked for Data General, so I've
earned the right to use them for my home-brew projects ;-)