Re: gEDA-user: Spam: address harvesting from archives

Karel Kulhavy wrote:
On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 09:17:56AM +0100, Evan Lavelle wrote:

I've been getting spam recently to an address that was harvested from the geda archives. The culprits are the 'in-reply-to' and 'references' fields, where the domain appears in cleartext; all the other fields have 'xxxxxxxx' for the domain.

Is this fixable?

Yes, install spamassassin with bayesian filter.

At the client? I've already got spam software here. This problem needs to be handled by the list, not by the client.

Evan