Re: gEDA-user: Mind the user

On 9/9/05, Karel Kulhavy <clock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can't you write instructions like that?
> http://links.twibright.com/download.php
> If I was able to write them, why can't you?

While I agree in general with what you're saying (I feel all websites
need to be designed with the user in mind), I would like to offer some
defense for gEDA's site -- I've shown your website to quite a few
people, and not a *one* could easily navigate your website either.
They found triple-clicking to view pictures obtuse and unnecessary,
and the opening page was rediculously hard for them to grok.  Many
pages cross-link each other seemingly without purpose.  I myself
routinely get lost on the Ronja page, and I've visited there many
times.

I guess the point of this is, there are many different kinds of
websites, and the responsible web surfer must keep that in mind.  I'm
sure my own website would be incredibly hard to navigate for some (for
those who wish to try, http://www.falvotech.com ).  You cannot please
everybody.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II