Re: gEDA-user: newbie help: gschem to pcb

On Friday 16 Sep 2005 23:14, Steve Meier wrote:
>... you have to use gschem symbols that have the footprint
> attribute to a value that also exists in the pcb libraries. Also use
> the program gschem2pcb instead of gnetlist to generate the netlist
> file.

I might experiment with that. gnetlist did the job for me, albeit that
the project manager has too much bit rot to do it automatically.

> Gschem and pcb won't automatically build the pcb for you. It won't
> idealy place the components and it won't automatically run the
> autorouter for you.

I don't want them to. I doubt the auto-route is up to the job,
auto-place certainly isn't.

> Using these tools is still somewhat of an artform.

On boards of this complexity manual tracking is quick and enjoyable,

--
Richard Urwin