Re: gEDA-user: newbie help: gschem to pcb

I presume by generating the pcb from the gscem source you mean to have
the netlist program also pick the packages for you. For this to happen
you have to use gschem symbols that have the footprint attribute to a
value that also exists in the pcb libraries. Also use the program
gschem2pcb instead of gnetlist to generate the netlist file.

Gschem and pcb won't automatically build the pcb for you. It won't
idealy place the components and it won't automatically run the
autorouter for you.

Using these tools is still somewhat of an artform.

Best Wishes,

Steve Meier