Re: gEDA-user: Free Dog meeting report: Notes on the topics we discussed

On 9/17/05, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > It may be less work to target a cross platform tool kit like
> > wxWidgets.
>
> I dislike "cross platform toolkits".  I *like* the motif look and
> feel.  I also think that different platforms should *behave* like
> native applications; it's wrong to have a windows-based tool acting
> like a unix application; it should be acting like all the other
> windows applications.

http://wxwidgets.org/screensh.htm

wx isn't cross-platform like Swing/JFC, it's cross-platform like AWT.

From my limited experience with wx (wxPython, actually), some things
are different enough from other GUI toolkits that you may not want to
add it in to an existing project. (On the other hand, it would be a
great place to start for a new project where the developer doesn't
want to explicitly support Motif, GTK+, Win32, OS X, ...)

--
- Charles Lepple