Re: gEDA-user: Errors converting from schematic to PCB...

On 9/21/05, Richard Urwin <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In my case, which seems largely identical, the GND symbol did not have a
> netname attribute. I have no idea why it was missing; all I did to
> replace it was to replace all gnd-1.sym symbols with new components (of
> exactly the same type (AFAICT)) and it worked.

Thanks for the tip; I'll be checking this shortly.

> Also note John's comment about spaces. You cannot have spaces in value
> attributes. However in my case once I'd replaced the bad symbols
> gnetlist started complaining about the spaces in a well-behaved manner.

None of my attributes have spaces except for the 'footprint'
attribute, where I often use DIL 40 600 or CONNECTOR 1 2.  But this is
precisely how the tutorial on using this stuff asked me to do it, and
it has worked perfectly in another project.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II