Re: gEDA-user: Mind the user

> > > http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/SPICE/x64.html
> >
> > gnucap is missing in Stuart's big picture. And it's not clear how to make
> > gnucap input from gschem schematic.
>
> Thanks for pointing this out.  It is my oversight.  I need to revise
> that drawing.

I forgot to add that you can use spice-sdb to netlist to Gnucap since
Gnucap's syntax is very similar to SPICE.  People are already doing
that successfully I believe.  Also, some helpful
contributor has added a bunch of Gnucap symbols (text directives & the
like) to the SPICE directory.  The new symbols went out with the
latest distribution, IIRC.  Therefore, Gnucap users are pretty well
covered.

Perhaps when the symbol libs are upgraded we can split out a separate
Gnucap directory, so that it is blazingly obvious that you can also
netlist to Gnucap.  I wonder if it would make sense to create a
symlink from spice-sdb to gnucap-sdb (or something like that) at
install time, so that Gnucap users don't have to feel like they are
hidden in the shadows of SPICE?

Stuart