Re: gEDA-user: Installing gEDA from 20050820 Suite CD on Fedora

Well, it looks like I prompted a little discussion on this.  I tried downloading and installing the RPM's when I first discovered this project.  The problem is the RPM's do not include any of the tools that I am having problems with.  I would like to have all of the executables installed in the same place.  The RPM's have their own idea of where to put them.

I did search the FC4 packages and there is a compatibility package to use the old compiler.  Here is the results of gcc --version:

gcc32 --version
gcc32 (GCC) 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-47.fc4)
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO
PURPOSE.

I am not sure how I can get the installer to use this version instead of the 4.X version.  Any ideas?

Doug