Re: gEDA-user: Installing gEDA from 20050820 Suite CD on Fedora

> Is there a reason to run the CD as a normal user?  I have been using
> root up to now...

Naw, you can run the CD as root.  It will then install everything with
root as the owner.

However, it is generally considered bad form to do normal work as
root.  Anyway, how do you know that I have not embedded nasty viruses
on the CD which will trash your system if they have root permissions?
>;-)

Finally, the CD will also work just fine if you run it as a normal
user.  If you chose to install into a root-permission directory
(e.g. /usr/local/ hierarchy), then it knows to ask you for root
password, and then creates the directory as root, and gives it rwx
permission for everybody.

Stuart

[1]  I haven't done this, by the way. . . . .