Re: gEDA-user: Installing gEDA from 20050820 Suite CD on Fedora

> I loaded the gerbv package from the CD onto my system, ran ./configure
> and hand edited the Makefiles to change the cc=gcc to cc=gcc32.

The CD will put all the sources in a directory before trying to build
them.  If you  recall where you put your sources (you told it where to
put them in one of the dialog boxes), you can just go into
there (after the build fails), and do the edit you outline above to
each Makefile.  The build by hand as you did above.

> The
> make seemed to work fine and I now have a gerbv window that appears to
> function.

Great!

> In pcb I placed a few components and told the program to print/gerber to
> a file.  I can not get gerbv to open the file.  It allows me to open a
> project, but so far, it will not open anything.  I tried to open the
> geda project I created using geda and it says it failed.  How is this
> suppose to work?  What kind of file is required for the program?

I find the best way to run gerbv is to say "gerbv" at the command
line, and then use the file browser to load my Gerber files.  Make
sure you turn on each layer by pressing the appropriate button on the
left of the viewport.  Also, you can right-click on a button to assign
the layers.

> I will give your suggestion above a try and see what happens!

Have fun!

Stuart