Re: gEDA-user: How I'd write a netlister in Scheme... Was: Introduction and some questions/thoughts on gEDA/gaf...

> Hello again, everyone!

Hello!

> Well, I've been studying gEDA/gnetlist codebas for a while now and
> I do have a feeling that there ought to be a better way to do netlisting,
> espcially since it is conceptually a rather simple operation.

While you're looking at the problem, have a look at gnetman, which was
contributed about a year ago by Bill Cox.  It allegedly handles
hierarchy better than gnetlist.  The drawback is that it isn't
extensible using an external Scheme backend, so anybody who wants to
target a new netlist format must learn C++.   Bletch!

If you can figure out how gnetman works, perhaps its a base from which
to create an improved netlister, particularly if you can graft a
Scheme interpreter to it.

Stuart