gEDA-user: Free Dog gathering on Thursday 9.4.2007 in Reading, MA!

--------------   Free Dog Gathering Announcement ----------------

*** Note *** Since the ESC is in Boston this month, we'll also try to
have a second gathering this September.   We'll probably hold the
second gathering in downtown Boston, hear the convention center.  More
info is TBA.

The Free EDA Users Group will meet this coming *Thursday*, September
6th.  This month, we'll be back at our Reading meeting place:  Bear
Rock Cafe in Reading, MA.   We're using this venue becuase it's
convenient to Mass Route 128 ("America's Technology Highway"), has a
comfortable seating area near a fireplace, and (most importantly) has
free wireless access!

*** Feature! ***  John Doty, a long time Free Dogger will be present
since he's in town for a visit.

The meeting will be an open and informal working session.  Bring your
laptop *and* wireless card!  Some items on the agenda are:

*  What's John up to these days?
*  John's Mathematica back-end for gnetlist
*  Google SoC update
*  Fritzing -- the Berlin-based design collaborative
*  Levente's database driven component chooser
*  Bernd's abstract symbol proposal
*  Whatever you're interested in!

Free Dog is an association of like-minded hackers and engineers
interested in free and open EDA tools. We hold monthly meetings
around the Boston area featuring informal networking, speakers, and
camaraderie. Our goals are to learn more about CAD, engineering and
scientific software, share ideas about our current projects, and --
most importantly -- have fun with like-minded people. We welcome new
members and participants of all ages.  Students are particularly
welcome!