Re: gEDA-user: Professional PCB help using geda?

I've thought about this a bit, mainly because I prefer to have someone
else do my PCB layout for me while I focus on the design work.

The scope here is huge, but currently untapped. Basically the entry
level for gEDA is pretty low, which is a good thing. All you need to
be able to do is set it up (which is easy) and off you go, drawing
schematics and so on. This means that the market is potentially quite
big. The other advantage is the open nature of gEDA which means that
the scope for programmatically doing tasks is also big. That means a
professional service could potentially be faster by making use of
scripts, custom programmes and so forth.

I think John Luciani has pretty much demonstrated that this is
possible with a bit of work. All that now needs to happen is for
people to start adopting gEDA - but that is a whole different story,
which requires strong marketing.