gEDA-user: Transformer refdes assigned to relay

After I auto-numbered a schematic with a dpdt omron relay the relay has a refdes starting with the letter k.  Is there a way for me to configure gschem so that relays are numbered with the correct letter?  And, am I right in assuming that should be the letter "s"?

While I'm asking this question I'd like to ask one more.  When I tried to simulate this circuit in Ltspice I had the following errors:

 mutual inductance card missing coupled inductor: k1 3 4 1 5
unconnected_pin-3 unconnected_pin-1 unconnected_pin-2 0 <no valid value attribute found>

I take it it's a problem if you don't use every pin of every slot?  How can I correct this?  And, I'm sorry that was actually two questions!